Expectations for the Dancers...
1. Come to class prepared and practiced
2. Obey the dress code - no pants, hair pulled back
3. Bring your binder to class and take practice notes in it each week
4. Show respect to your teacher and class mates
5. Always try your best and have fun!
Expectiations for the Parents...
1. In order for you child to be successful in Highland Dancing please practice with your child at home
2. Provide an adequate space to practice. Pre-Premier dancers need a clear space in the kitchen or living room (please
no practicing on concrete floors). Premier dancers need a wood floor approx 10 ft x 10 ft with a mirror and if possible a
3. Let the teacher teach. Please let the teacher do what they do best and teach the class.
4. Be enthusiastic and supportive...let your child establish their own goals and make their own progress towards them.
Be careful not to impose your own standards and goals. Try not to burden them with winning. The most important part of their
dancing experience is that he/she learns about themselves while enjoying the sport.